the daily procrastinator

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

How I Learned To Drive

Well, how I'm learning to drive. Answer: With a very very good teacher. My friend Anita is teaching me, and she is so calm, and she wants me to be safe, and she doesn't make me do anything too scary.

I drove for like, an hour today! It was unbelievable! I drove in the country and I drove in the city. I drove on Country Hills Blvd. and it wasn't even that scary. I made some left turns. I changed some lanes. I shoulder checked. I remembered to signal. It was freakin amazing. I never thought I would be able to do this. I can't believe what I am capable of.

This was only my second lesson, but it went sooo much better than my first. I mean, my first didn't go badly, but I was mostly only driving in a parking lot. My second I'm out on all these busy roads, and I wasn't panicking. And you know why? Cause I did a Shakespearean warmup, I warmed up my breath and my voice, and I was a hundred times more relaxed. Is there anything that vocal training can't help you with? Everything, everything in life starts with breath. It's all about breath. It's the first thing and the last thing we do, and it's everything in between. I'm gonna warm up my breath every time I drive, at least until I get used to it.

Thank you, David Smukler. Thank you, National Voice Intensive. Thank you, Anita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home